There is one 3D printer at Hacklab: Prenta B1.25.
3D printer are fairly easy to use once you get the basic idea sorted out. You should ask for guidance on your first use.
There is material fee for using the printers. With traditional materials (PLA) it is 0,30€ per starting 10 gram of finished print. Fairly cheap that is. Usually prints cost something around 1 euro unless you are printing something big.
To print, you should have your design as an STL file. Design your own, or download a design from Thingiverse.
- Use the Slic3r software on the lounge computer, it has been configured for the printer.
- Import your STL file and check that it fits on the print area.
- Click the big “Slice” button.
- Choose “Save for SD print” and save the gcode file on an SD card.
- Insert the SD card in the printer, and select your gcode file from the list that shows up on the screen.
- Wait for the printing to finish, take your item and remember to turn the printer off.
Good idea is to read some resources and familiarize with concept
- http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter%27s_Calibration_Guide (you should not need to calibrate, think twice)
- Prenta B1.25 (1.75mm filament, 25cm x 25cm x 25cm print area)