This session covers the following subjects
- Python syntax, documentation and tutorials
- Reading and writing from/to files
- Text input and output in console
- Getting the time
- Hard-coded vs input
- Logging data to ThingSpeak
- Basics of Raspberry Pi and Linux
- Reading analog and digital inputs on a Raspberry Pi
- Version control and tracking changes using Git, Kdiff, Git Extensions for Windows, and GitHub
- (Taking over the mouse and keyboard using pyautogui)
- (Web scraping)
Example programming challenges
- Write a class for some animal, specify properties and instantiate a few animals of that class.
- Log the current time and free memory to a text file and Thingspeak
- Make a simple calculator
- Write a program for training your multiplication skills
- Write a program that scrambles an input name so that the order of the letters is changed.
- Log the timing between button presses (input)
- Make a conversational robot that reacts to your input with answers/replys randomly chosen from a list.
- Connect to Hacklab’s server using SSH with putty and create some Python script running there
- Write a short game based on a story you make up. The user enters a number to choose his action from a list all the time.
Installing Python packages