Course Report: Basics of FreeCAD 3D modelling
On Tuesday we had a course about 3D modelling with FreeCAD. FreeCAD is a free and open-source program which you can download here: https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/Download. On the course we learned the basic usage, including:
- Drawing sketches and constraining them properly
- Creating 3D features like extrusions and pockets, revolved shapes, chamfers and blends
- Copying features with mirroring and linear/polar patterns
- Using Boolean operations to create more complex shapes
- Exporting to STL format for 3D printing
The course reached its goal, everyone got the basic understanding of how FreeCAD works and it is now easier to continue practicing independently. The course material (in Finnish) can be found here: https://kirjoitusalusta.fi/vaasahack-freecad.